Thursday, October 09, 2008

Re-Staking my Claim

Wow! It has been almost 2 years since I blogged. I was having ALOT of trouble getting to my account, and finally after changing to a different internet provider, I was able to create and sign in with a google account. So, I'm back!

Alot has changed in 2 years. We are working on building our house, and I will try to post some pictures in the next few days. Even though we have come a long way with our internet, we are still on dialup, so no promises on those pics!

William layed block walls all along the exterior of the house, and framed the interior walls. He finished the roof a few months ago, and has since put up the ceiling - cedar siding. It looks really good, and smells wonderful too. The windows had to be special ordered, and they came in today, so they should be installed soon. Also, Dad is working on building us some kitchen cabinets.

So far we have collected the following to use in the house either free or at low cost : cedar siding, 2 toilets, 2 sinks with cabinets, for the bathrooms, 2 kitchen sinks (not sure which we'll use), several area rugs, exterior doors, various light fixtures and ceiling fans, stove and microwave. There's probably more, but I can't think of it all.

It is really exciting as we are getting closer to moving in. I am looking forward to having Shea, Bev, Leigh Ann and Lee come and help me decorate. And Ruth Wilson has offered to help paint.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you never know who is lurking around and checking your blog!!! glad you're back! :o)
Betsy