Saturday, August 28, 2010

blogging again

I know I have not been blogging for awhile...again. It is not because there has been nothing to write about. I guess there has been so much to write about that I have not had (or made) the time. First of all, Cody is now at House of Hope in Ralph, AL. without going into alot of details, let's just say that the Lord has been working in his life for the past few years. He has gone through alot, most of which he brought on himself, and has had to pay some pretty high prices for his choices. He is learning (hopefully) to take care of himself, and it appears that the Lord has saved him. Even though it was a difficult path, the Lord used every step of that path to reveal Himself to Cody, and protect him from getting deeper into bad patterns and situations. I am thankful to have him as my brother in Christ. It has also helped me to trust God more. It was so hard at times, when things seemed like things were never going to improve for him. He was so lost, and it seemed he had no desire for the things of God. Well, of course he didn't, because God had not changed his heart yet. But I was wanting his salvation to happen in MY timing, not God's. God showed me that I needed to be patient and trust Him, and that He knew what was best for Cody. I think one of the hardest revelations was that Cody might NEVER come to Him, if it was not His will. I had to learn to be ok with that if it happened, and trust my Heavenly father to do what was best to bring HIMSELF glory. it's not all about me, or any of us. It's all about God. Praise and glory be to Him!

No comments: